Monday, April 14, 2014

And so it begins…


Right, so blogging is commencing. I have had a fortifying (not fortified) glass of wine, and I’m ready to go. And…now. Go.

I want to write about Important Things, muscular ideas, tentacles of thought wrapping around the words slipping from my fingers like slivered almonds into great pots of sliced green beans sautéed with garlic, but the words slide out of my brain like raw meat slipping from a package, not right, slimy and bacterial, requiring hand-washing and serious grilling before ready for human consumption.

Someday, I will write Responsible Things concerning Actual Issues, but until then, I will dribble and drabble about the mundane meals I feel so proud of (whole wheat instead of all-purpose flour! I’m a genius!) and the irritatingness of having a Gentleman to Whom I am EnNuptuated (nope, not a word) constantly in the house due to a recent surgery.

Yeah, the wine. It’s not a problem so much as it is an indulgence. I freaking indulge. I even *fucking* indulge. That’s right, this blog will be full of cusswords and meanderings and made-up words. I’m tired of trying to fit my fat foot in the narrow shoe of proper language. I’m letting my fat foot free!

Things I want you to talk to me about: electronic cigarettes (any medical journal articles out there regarding the effects of Vegetable Glycols or whatever on the lungs?), food (always food, recipes, food politics), dogs, how much I love you (am a little tipsy, remember?), nerdy things I should know about. I’m going to try and cite sources and be science minded, and use my critical thinking skills. Go with me! This is a journey. We’ll walk together. I’ll even hold your hand. J

Dude. So tipsy.

I will write you a poem tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At April 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Thorkatla said...

Hello! I'm here! Can't promise I'll be a dedicated reader but, I'm glad to know you're out there writing stuffs!

 
At April 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM , Blogger jexx said...

Oh, how lovely. The comments work. :)
Bex: I would be a whole wheat muffin with pecans and chocolate chips (your profile asks a very personal question ;) )
Jeannette: I FUCKING LUVS YOU TOO!

 
At April 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Daniel said...

Excellent! :) a fun read. Keep posting the link to Facebook so I can find it easy. I will also bookmark it.

 
At April 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM , Blogger jexx said...

Thank you, Daniel! I am following your blogger blog as well (even though you aren't posting to it, but just in case). I hope to have more to say today. Something is percolating in my brain. I will always post the link to facebook, I think, otherwise no one will ever see it. *grin*

 
At April 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Thorkatla said...

Hahaha! I do not remember ever putting that question on my profile! Did I do that? Or is it somehow randomly generated? This is me, baffled and amused.

 
At April 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Vargo said...

I will not feel successful if, at some point during your blogging career, you don't threaten to block my comments or the dreaded "agree to disagree".

 
At April 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM , Blogger jexx said...

Marvelous comments, everyone! I shall have to work up something more controversial at some point so that we can really bicker. I'm thinking of discussing GMOs next. I have to find citations first.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home