Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fear


The snake of my fear nearly leaves my belly through my mouth,

and I grip the sides of my seat

as if sheer will alone will keep me from ejecting willfully,

on purpose,

in order to clear out of this goddamned situation.

 

My face trembles with the force of my calm,

years of practice in customer service keeping me from

FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

 

The acid in my stomach perpetuates its fervid dance,

my thighs twitch to join,

and my right foot pushes so hard down,

SO HARD.

 

I don’t think I can stand it

I don’t think I can stand it

I don’t think I can stand it

And I have stood it

We made it home.

 

The Kid complains to everyone who will listen:

“She never lets me drive.”

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2014 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Thorkatla said...

You wrote this poem for me, didn't you? LOL! Fortunately, my dear one doesn't have a huge interest in exercising her learner's permit so I don't have to suffer to often. Bless her though, she does her best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home